Job Announcement: Associate Director
August 27, 2008
The Middle East Forum, a think-tank based in Philadelphia, seeks to hire a scholar of the Middle East and experienced administrator for a full-time senior position based a portion of the week at its office in downtown Philadelphia.
The associate director's work consists in equal parts of substance and administration.
- Do original research on aspects of the contemporary Middle East.
- Write for newspapers, magazines, and scholarly publications.
- Speak in person and for the media.
- Help oversee and coordinate projects, including the Forum's website, Campus Watch, Islamist Watch, the Legal Project, lectures in four cities, monthly conference calls, Middle East Forum Wires, and the internship program.
- Serve as associate publisher of the Middle East Quarterly.
- Help with fundraising efforts with an emphasis on writing and editing grant proposals, project reports, letters, etc.
The position has the potential of leading to promotion to director of the Middle East Forum and publisher of the Middle East Quarterly.
- An advanced degree in Middle East studies, preferably a Ph.D.
- A record of publishing in the field.
- Knowledge of a Middle Eastern language.
- An outlook consonant with that of the Forum (on which, see details at http://www.meforum.org/about.php).
- Knowledge of current U.S. policy debates.
- A proven record of administrative and organizational abilities and programmatic initiative.
- Willingness to spend at least part of each week at the Forum's Philadelphia office.
- Relevant computer skills.
Salary is competitive.
If interested, please send a cover letter explaining your interest, a 1 or 2-page resumé, and 3 references to Personnel@MEForum.org.
receive the latest by email: subscribe to the free mef mailing list
This text may be reposted or forwarded so long as it is presented as an integral whole with complete and accurate information provided about its author, date, place of publication, and original URL.