The Middle East Forum (MEF) seeks a full-time Development Assistant to become an integral part of its fundraising team.
This Development Assistant works in a fast-paced environment, providing support to the Director of Development and working in all facets of fundraising, which may occasionally involve travel to events and conferences both in Philadelphia and out of town.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Research potential donors, both individuals and organizations
- Enter and update records in Salesforce
- Manage Salesforce reports
- Draft, edit, and proofread donor communications and campaign materials
- Attend MEF events to help coordinate logistics and engage donors
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree with at least one year of development and/or non-profit experience
- Compatibility with MEF's outlook (on which, see https://www.meforum.org)
- Proficiency with office management systems and procedures: Salesforce, GSuite, MS Office, Adobe, and messaging applications
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The Forum's offices in Center City, Philadelphia
- Non-profit competitive
- 403(b) retirement plan offered
- Qualified and affordable group medical plans offered
- AFLAC offered
- Group life, short term, and long-term disability insurance offered
- Commuter benefit plan offered
Prepare an application that includes:
- A cover letter indicating your interests, qualifications, experience, and goals
- A résumé or curriculum vitae
- Names of three references
When the application is completed:
Bundle the entire application as a single document, preferably in Adobe Acrobat (Word is also acceptable)
Title it with your name in reverse order, without spacing, as in "ChurchillWinston"
Indicate in the subject line that you are applying for the Development Assistant position
Submit the application by close of business EST on April 10th to Thelma Prosser, Prosser@MEForum.org
About the Middle East Forum:
The Middle East Forum, a think & action tank, deals with the Middle East, Islamism, Muslims in the West, U.S. foreign policy, and related topics, urging bold measures to protect Americans and their allies. Celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2019, the Forum recurrently has policy ideas adopted by the U.S. government.
MEF pursues its goals in three ways:
- Intellectual, by providing information, context, and policy advice through publications, media appearances, lectures, and private consultations.
- Operational, by getting things done in Washington, on campus, in courts of law, and beyond.
- Philanthropic, by distributing about $2 million annually in separately earmarked funds to about 75 groups and individuals working to promote our goals.