Job Announcement: Director of the Middle East Forum
March 10, 2015
The Middle East Forum (MEF), a research institute based in Philadelphia with an annual budget of $4 million, seeks a full-time, resident director who functions as the chief administrative officer.
Responsibilities of the Director
- Oversee day-to-day operations, the physical office, human resources, and fundraising
- Supervise a staff of 20
- Establish and implement administrative procedures
- Serve as information central for staff, board, donors, and others
- Review and sign documents
- Oversee events and other outreach efforts
- Oversee financial and compliance activities
- Liaise with the board
- Plan, participate, and take records in board meetings
The director may also be assigned other duties by the president and board
- Familiarity with the issues pertaining to MEF's mission
- Basic agreement with MEF's outlook
- Management and fundraising experience
- Writing and editing skills
- Standard computer skills; knowledge of ACT! and QuickBooks a bonus
- U.S. citizenship
- A readiness to live in the Philadelphia area
- Moral commitment to stay at the job 5 years
We seek a candidate with a record of creativity, motivation, and drive: one who also can attend to details, meet deadlines, and work simultaneously on multiple projects.
The director works in the Forum's Philadelphia office.
The director is a full-time employee of the Middle East Forum.
The director is supervised by MEF president Daniel Pipes, who focuses on the substance of MEF's work.
Prepare an application that includes:
- A cover letter indicating your interests, qualifications, and goals
- A résumé or curriculum vitae
- Names of three references
When the application is completed:
- Bundle the entire application as a single document, preferably in Adobe Acrobat (Word is also acceptable)
- Title it with your name in reverse order, without spacing, as in "ChurchillWinston"
- Attach the document to an e-mail and send it to Personnel@MEForum.org
- Put "Application for MEF director" in the e-mail subject line
The application deadline is April 3 at 5 p.m. EDT.
About the Middle East Forum:
The Middle East Forum, founded in 1994 and headed by Daniel Pipes, defines its mission as promoting American interests. It does so in three ways:
- Intellectually, by providing information, context, and policy advice through its publications, websites, and lectures
- Operationally, by exerting direct influence through its projects, each addressing a specific problem
- Philanthropically, by annually distributing $2 million of dedicated Education Fund monies
See MEForum.org for more information.
receive the latest by email: subscribe to the free mef mailing list