This is an edited version of a list someone just emailed me concerning some of the more "remarkable" statements made by Columbia University Professor Joseph Massad. I think you'll find it entertaining...and a bit disturbing. None of this prevents you from being on the tenure track at Columbia University. Enjoy.
My emailer writes:Joseph Massad is Professor of Modern Arab Politics and Intellectual History at Columbia University. His course load includes CLME W3042 Palestinian and Israeli Politics and Societies, a difficult task for a man who does not know any Hebrew. He is currently under consideration for tenure...
10) "The Jews are not a nation." [Source]
9) "thousands of women have miscarried as result of [the Israeli Defense Force's use of] poison gas." [Source]
8) It was Israelis - not Palestinians - who shot to death the Israeli Olympic athletes in the 1972 Munich Massacre. [Source]
7) Muslim poverty results from "the racist and barbaric policies of the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank." [Source]
6) "The Palestinians of today are the descendants of the ancient Hebrews." The idea that the ancient Hebrews are among the ancestors the Jews is "preposterous" and "absurd." [Source]
5) "Christian fundamentalist(s)… are the most powerful anti-Semitic group worldwide." [Source]
4) Jews in Nazi Germany were not physically abused or harassed until Kristallnacht in November 1938. [Source]
2) "Exodus tells the story of the Zionist hijacking of a ship from Cyprus to Palestine by a Zionist Haganah commander." (Massad's plot synopsis of Exodus, a movie about about the shipload of Holocaust refugees desperately trying to reach Israel.) [Source]
1) "Zion" is the Hebrew for "penis." [Source]