The Counter-Islamist Grid, a project of the Middle East Forum (MEF) is looking for part-time Associates. CIG coordinates opposition to Islamist ideas, individuals and organizations on the local level across North America.
Associates have three main tasks: carrying out research into local Islamist activities, disseminating their results, and engaging in activism. The job also entails working closely with anti-Islamist Muslims.
- Agreement with MEF’s outlook that radical Islam is the problem and moderate Islam is the solution.
- An ability to research, write, speak publicly, and organize campaigns.
- Knowledge about Islam in North America.
- Familiarity with local government officials and local media.
- Command of relevant languages.
We are looking for qualified candidates in or around the following locales:
- Los Angeles
- Minneapolis-St. Paul
- New York
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- 10 hours per week.
- Independent contractor.
Prepare an application that includes:
- A cover letter indicating your interests, qualifications, and goals.
- A résumé or curriculum vitae.
- Up to three published writing samples on Islamism in North America.
- Links of up to two video presentations.
When the application is completed:
About the Middle East Forum:
- Bundle the entire application as a single document, preferably in Adobe Acrobat (Word is also acceptable).
- Title it with your name in reverse order, without spacing, as in "ChurchillWinston."
- Submit the application to Thelma Prosser, at Prosser@MEForum.org, by July 20, 2018 at 5 p.m. EST.
The Middle East Forum, an activist think tank founded in 1994 by Daniel Pipes, promotes American interests in the Middle East and protects Western values from Middle Eastern threats.
It does so in three ways:
- Intellectual, by providing information, context, and policy advice through publications, media appearances, lectures, and private consultations.
- Operational, by getting things done in Washington, on campus, in courts of law, and beyond.
- Philanthropic, by distributing about $2 million annually in separately earmarked funds to about 75 groups and individuals working to promote our goals.