Job Announcement: Campus Watch Director
March 9, 2006
The Middle East Forum, a Philadelphia-based nonprofit organization, seeks a director to run Campus Watch, its internet-based project to review and critique Middle East studies in North America with an aim to improving them. For more information, see www.Campus-Watch.org.
Job description: The director's responsibilities include:
- Writing and editing articles.
- Coordinating research and writing by external writers.
- Delegating and supervising research and writing by interns.
- Writing weekly progress reports on Campus Watch activities.
- Providing research support to other members of the MEF staff.
- Representing Campus Watch through speaking engagements and media outreach activities.
- Overseeing MEF campus activities, including the Campus Speakers Bureau.
- Preparing grant proposals and reports.
- A full-time position.
- Invited to work from the Forum's Philadelphia office but may do so from anywhere.
- A Ph.D. or all-but-degree in a relevant field of Middle East studies.
- Publishing experience, especially in the media.
- Interest in and commitment to the work of the Middle East Forum.
- A self-starter.
- An ability to represent Campus Watch in speech and writing.
- An ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Promptness and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with computers and databases.
- A willingness to participate in fundraising.
Compensation: competitive, based on experience.
Employer: The Middle East Forum works to define and promote American interests in the Middle East through research, publications, and educational outreach. It holds that the United States has vital interests in the region which are advanced by fighting radical Islam, convincing the Palestinians that Israel is permanent, reducing funds going to the Middle East for energy purchases, slowing down the democratization process, developing strategies to contain Iran, and more robustly asserting U.S. interests vis-à-vis Saudi Arabia. For further information about the Forum, visit www.meforum.org.
Please send the following materials to email@example.com by Friday, March 17, 2006, indicating in the subject line that you are applying for the Campus Watch position:
- Cover letter and resume.
- Brief writing samples.
- Names of three references.
receive the latest by email: subscribe to the free mef mailing list
This text may be reposted or forwarded so long as it is presented as an integral whole with complete and accurate information provided about its author, date, place of publication, and original URL.