Islamist Watch maintains an extensive database of news articles concerning Islamism. The links below are a small sample. For a complete list of articles by date, please click here. Also, please click here for a listing of "creeping dhimmitude" articles by topic (see box at right of page). To receive these updates by email, please join our mailing list here.
Lawful Islamism is a radical and supremacist interpretation of Islam that seeks to incrementally destroy Western society from within and replace it with a Sharia-compliant theocracy -- culturally and politically rather than violently. Methodically and patiently. With words not bullets. Activism not bombs.
The goals of Lawful Islamists and Islamic terrorists are the same. Only their methods differ.
Top: A firestorm erupted after Islamist Watch broke the story about Best Buy's "platinum sponsorship" of Hamas-linked CAIR. Bottom, from left: Secretary of State Clinton allows Muslim Brotherhood officials into America through the front door and ties the hands of border agents; Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman-Schultz didn't have a problem giving a keynote address at a fundraiser hosted by an Islamist on the Terrorist Watch List – until it was discovered by her opponent; What are your children learning about Islam in public school? Parents might be shocked.
Best Buy's Sponsorship of Hamas-Linked CAIR
On April 17th, Islamist Watch (IW) broke the story about Best Buy's "Platinum Sponsorship" of the annual fundraising banquet in Minnesota for the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), a group the United States Government has linked to Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood. Subscribers to the Islamist Watch email list flooded Best Buy with protests and the story went viral. Facebook "likes" are 2,715 and counting. Best Buy, in the midst of a power-vacuum as they search for a new CEO, continues their refusal to rule out future support for CAIR.
Here are just a few of the stories arising from IW's initiative:
- "Best Buy Under Scrutiny for CAIR Event Sponsorship," by Joanne Hill. Jewish Tribune (Canada), April 24, 2012. (Features an interview with Islamist Watch Director Marc Fink about the genesis of the story.)
- "Boycott Best Buy," by Ryan Mauro. FrontPage Magazine, April 25, 2012. (In just two days, over 7,000 people have signed an online petition to "Boycott Best Buy for Supporting Terrorist-Tied CAIR.")
- "Best Buy: TVs, Computers and Hamas," by Scott Johnson. Powerline, April 19, 2012. (The featured speaker at the Best Buy sponsored CAIR annual banquet in Minnesota was Feisal Abdul Rauf, best known for leading efforts to build the 13-story Islamic community center – the Ground Zero Mosque – two blocks from Ground Zero in lower Manhattan.)
- "Best Buy: Electronics and Hamas, Best Buy is a 'Platinum Sponsor' of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), an organization with links to Hamas," by Rachel Hirshfeld. Artuz Sheva – Israel National News, April 25, 2012.
- A Facebook protest page has appeared, "Boycott BEST BUY until they STOP using profits to finance Islamic Radicals." Although Best Buy has not backed down on their support for CAIR, they did go to the trouble of filing a complaint with Facebook over the use of Best Buy graphics used on the protest page. Those graphics, including a "Jihad Squad" logo meant to parody Best Buy's "Geek Squad," were quickly removed by Facebook.
- Our friends up north should know that the Canadian retailer "Future Shop" is wholly-owned by Best Buy.
- "State Department Barred Inspection of Muslim Brotherhood Delegation," by Steven Emerson. Investigative Project on Terrorism, April 9, 2012. (Hillary Clinton's State Department took the "extraordinary" step of specifically barring Customs officials from carrying out any inspections of a Muslim Brotherhood delegation from Egypt. The Brotherhood's relationship with the terrorist group Hamas and one member's implication in a U.S. child pornography investigation would have triggered extra scrutiny for the incoming delegation. Documents previously seized by the U.S. government reveal the Brotherhood's "Grand Jihad in eliminating and destroying Western civilization from within." Feel any safer under the Obama administration's outreach to Islamists?)
Imposition of Sharia on Civil Society
- "Germany: A Koran in Every Household," by Soeren Kern. Gatestone Institute, April 11, 2012. (Islamists in Germany have launched an unprecedented nationwide campaign to distribute 25 million copies of the Koran – translated into the German language – with the goal of placing one in every German household, free of charge. The head of the campaign outspokenly believes Sharia law is above the German Constitution, music should be prohibited, homosexuals should be executed, and adulterers should be stoned. A recent study says the spread of Sharia law in Germany is far more advanced than previously thought.)
- "DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz Backs Out of Islamist Event After Blowback," by William Bigelow. Breitbart.com, Big Government. April 11, 2012. (Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Schultz was to give the keynote address at a fundraiser hosted by an American Islamist on the Federal Terrorist Watch List. In 2009, Schultz hosted an event on Capitol Hill for the George Soros funded, anti-Israel group J Street. Coincidence? Hat Tip: Spencer Wolfe.)
- "Revisionist History: Education Consultants Working to Whitewash History of Islam in Public Schools," by Bill McMorris. Washington Free Beacon, April 11, 2012. (Wondering what your children are learning in public school about Islam? Under pressure from a well-funded Muslim education group, the nation's public school textbooks increasingly present a politically correct portrait of Islam, according to a new report by Act! for America Education. The Institution on Religion and Civic Values—which recently changed its name from the Council on Islamic Education—is working to conduct a "bloodless" revolution in the school system according to founder Shabbir Mansuri.)
- "The Associated Press' Undeserved Pulitzer," by Arnold Ahlert. FrontPage Magazine, April 18, 2012. (On the same day the Associated Press won a Pulitzer Prize for a series of stories "revealing the New York Police Department's widespread spying on Muslims," a would-be jihadist testified that a co-conspirator "was committed" to carrying out a wave of terrorist attacks in New York City. It was the NYPD's aggressive investigation and arrest of the terror cell that saved countless lives. No good deed goes unpunished. Of course, the job of the AP should have been to, itself, expose the terror networks in our midst. Also, see the NYPost's editorial, "Score one for NYPD-bashing".)
Islamists Attacking Moderate Muslims
- "If CAIR's Attacking You, You Must Be Good: We Should Honor Moderate Muslims like Zuhdi Jasser," By Mona Charen. National Review, April 20, 2012. (Middle East Forum President Daniel Pipes has said, "The problem is radical Islam. The solution is moderate Islam." Charen: "Moderate American Muslims exist. … Just see who CAIR and MPAC are denouncing. … This week, they are after Dr. M. Zuhdi Jasser.")
A New Front in Islamist Lawfare – Tying the Hands of Law Enforcement
- "CAIR Says Gov't Asked Muslim Americans How Often They Prayed," By Edwin Mora. CNS News, April 24, 2012. (The Islamist pressure group CAIR is sponsoring a lawsuit against FBI Director Mueller and a number of FBI, Border Patrol and TSA agents – who were just doing their job. The agents questioned suspicious individuals at the Detroit/Canada border crossing. Clearly an attempt to replicate their "success" in tying the hands of the NYPD. What could go wrong?)
The Lawful Islamist "is the polite collector you pay in the hope that the leg-breaker won't be next at your doorstep. And even as he sneers in his nice suit at the leg-breaker's crudity, you somehow know all your money is going to the same place." -- Andrew C. McCarthy, The Grand Jihad, p.14