The Middle East Forum (MEF), a Philadelphia-based research and activist organization, is hiring a full-time, salaried Digital Media Specialist.
- Help maintain MEForum.org, including updating graphics, preparing documents for web, uploading content, and handling troubleshooting (both technical and content-related problems).
- Help keep MEForum.org fresh, interesting, and up to date, developing new features and phasing out old ones.
- Coordinate and manage a centralized content calendar to ensure active representation across the digital space.
- Compile daily list of articles by MEF staff and fellows.
- Recommend which staff and fellow writings to post, distribute, and promote.
- Post articles on MEForum.org; email articles to MEF mailing lists.
- Maintain the Spotlight – the MEForum.org homepage which features MEF's writings on a topic of current interest, changing every three weeks or as needed.
- Summarize podcasts, television appearances, conference calls and events; generate top-ten lists; write issue overviews.
- Perform administrative tasks and other digital communications projects as needed.
- Design and implement MEF's social media plans; achieve digital marketing goals and objectives.
- Assist in managing MEF's digital content strategy, including digital and social paid media campaign execution, tracking, and reporting on analytics, metrics and optimization.
- Create and manage MEF's presence across multiple social media platforms.
- Serve as social community manager and collaborate with content writers to develop copy that aligns and furthers the MEF's social media strategies.
- Manage MEF's webinar calendar, which includes three webinars per week; recommend webinar participants; manage communications with webinar participants.
- Draft webinar invitations.
- Oversee webinars production.
- Draft webinar summaries.
- Agreement with MEF's outlook (see http://www.meforum.org for details).
- Wide knowledge of the Middle East and Islam.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in digital communications, including managing social media business accounts and implementing communications plans.
- Experience working with content management systems.
- Proven project management skills, including ability to: adapt to the changing needs of a fast-paced organization; remain focused on project goals and deadlines; and solve problems proactively.
- Strong analytical skills to assess communications and campaign performance and synthesize data into actionable reports and recommendations.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a fluid environment while meeting deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to learn new software and applications quickly.
- Basic knowledge of web design.
- Experience with Photoshop and video/audio authoring software; basic knowledge in graphic design.
- Experience with e-marketing platforms and UX.
- Knowledge of SEO, SEM, paid, earned programs for digital communications, Google Analytics/AdWords – Social Media Ads.
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS, and other coding languages.
- Experience with account management tools (Asana and others).
- Experience working with WordPress.
- Remote, anywhere in the world.
- Non-profit competitive.
- Group medical health, vision, and dental.
- Group life, short term and long-term disability insurance.
- 403(b) retirement plan.
Prepare an application that includes:
- A cover letter indicating your interests, qualifications, and goals.
- A résumé or curriculum vitae.
When the application is completed:
- Bundle the entire application as a single document, preferably in Adobe Acrobat (Word is also acceptable).
- Title it with your name in reverse order, without spacing, as in "ChurchillWinston."
- Submit the application to Thelma Prosser, at Prosser@MEForum.org, by January 20, 2023.
About the Middle East Forum:
The Middle East Forum, an activist think tank founded in 1994 by Daniel Pipes, promotes American interests in the Middle East and protects Western values from Middle Eastern threats. It does so in three ways:
- Intellectual, by providing information, context, and policy advice through publications, media appearances, lectures, and private consultations.
- Operational, by getting things done in Washington, on campus, in courts of law, and beyond.
- Philanthropic, by distributing about $2 million annually in separately earmarked funds to about 75 groups and individuals working to promote our goals.