Job Announcement: Islamist Watch Director
February 1, 2010
The Middle East Forum, a think-tank based in Philadelphia, seeks to hire a full-time director for Islamist Watch.
Islamist Watch focuses on a threat too often overlooked in fighting terrorism, the ideas and institutions of non-violent and non-criminal Islamism in the United States and other Western countries. The project also works to strengthen moderate Muslims.
For more information on Islamist Watch, please go to http://www.islamist-watch.org/about.php.
- Research into lawful Islamist activities.
- Write, commission, and edit articles, appear in the media, and give public talks.
- Engage in activism.
- Assist other members of the MEF staff.
- Supervise other Islamist Watch personnel (paid staff, interns, volunteers).
- Administer (e.g., prepare progress reports).
- An M.A. in Middle East studies or equivalent job experience.
- A proven public record of writing and speaking.
- An ability to take initiative, work cooperatively with colleagues, meet deadlines, show attention to detail, and work hard.
- An outlook consonant with that of the Middle East Forum: "Promoting American interests in the Middle East while protecting the Constitutional order from Middle Eastern threats."
- Standard computer skills.
Location: Work from the Forum's office in Philadelphia for at least one year; subsequently, telecommuting via the Internet is possible.
To apply: Please send to Personnel@MEForum.org, a cover letter, resume, brief writing sample, and names of references with contact information and combine them into a single Word document. The subject line should read "Application for Islamist Watch directorship."
Deadline: Friday, February 12, 2010, 5 p.m. EST.
receive the latest by email: subscribe to the free mef mailing list
This text may be reposted or forwarded so long as it is presented as an integral whole with complete and accurate information provided about its author, date, place of publication, and original URL.