PHILADELPHIA – November 15, 2019 – The Middle East Forum is pleased to introduce seven additions to its staff.
- Benjamin Baird is the Islamism in Politics project coordinator at Islamist Watch. He is a decorated U.S. Army infantry veteran and frequent contributor to the Investigative Project on Terrorism, The Daily Caller, and other prominent media outlets.
- Nave Dromi heads the Forum's Israel office. A former commander in the Israel Defense Forces and frequent contributor to Haaretz, she previously worked at the Institute for Zionist Strategies.
- David Gerstman is managing editor of Campus Watch. He is a frequent contributor to The Algemeiner and Legal Insurrection, and previously worked as senior editor of The Tower magazine.
- Martha Lee, previously a writer for Islamist Watch and contributor to publications such as The American Spectator, The Daily Wire, and The Algemeiner, is now a full-time research fellow with Islamist Watch.
- Matthew Mainen joined the Forum as a Washington DC resident fellow. A recent graduate of Stanford Law School, he worked as a policy analyst at the Institute for Gulf Affairs in 2005-15.
- Marilyn Stern returns as communications coordinator for MEF and is also now the producer of its weekly radio show. She has written articles on national security topics for Front Page Magazine, The Investigative Project on Terrorism, and Small Wars Journal.
- Lenard Zimmerman, an experienced Philadelphia-area fundraiser, takes over as director of development. He previously served in this capacity at Gratz College (2015-19), the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia (2011-2015), and Israel Bonds (1998-2011).
With the Middle East in flux, academic study of the region reaching new lows, and Islamist organizations playing an ever greater role in American politics, the Middle East Forum's team is expanding to meet these challenges.
The Middle East Forum promotes American interests and protects Western civilization from Islamism through a unique combination of original ideas, effective activism, and funding allies.
For immediate release
For more information, contact:
+1 (215) 546 5406