The Middle East Forum (MEF) seeks a full-time, resident Events Coordinator.
Reporting to and working under the supervision of the Director of Development, the Events Coordinator will organize and implement various aspects of MEF's fundraising activities as a member of the development team.
- Oversee all aspects of the Forum's lecture series in New York, Philadelphia, and occasionally other cities.
- Oversee all aspects of fundraising events.
- Coordinate fundraising calls and meetings by the Director and President as well as follow-up efforts.
- Develop (with others) written materials for outreach efforts.
- Oversee efforts to solicit donors of under $500.
- Coordinate outreach efforts to cultivate and solicit lapsed and prospective donors.
- Ensure personalized and timely communications with donors and prospects.
- Salaried experience in an events, marketing, or fundraising position.
- Proficiency with database and customer relationship management software (preferably Salesforce).
- Knowledge of development research.
- Computer literacy and technological proficiency in standard applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Organized work habits, high motivation, careful attention to detail, and ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with frequent deadlines.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Basic agreement with MEF's outlook. (On which, please see http://www.meforum.org.)
- The successful candidate will work in the Forum's office in Center City, Philadelphia.
- This is a full-time, salaried position.
- Non-profit competitive.
Prepare an application that includes:
- A cover letter indicating your interests, qualifications, and goals.
- A résumé or curriculum vitae.
- Names of three references.
When the application is completed:
- Bundle the entire application as a single document, preferably in Adobe Acrobat (Word is also acceptable).
- Title it with your name in reverse order, without spacing, as in "ChurchillWinston."
- Submit the application via LinkedIn by clicking here. The deadline is November 30, 2019, at 5 p.m. EST.
About the Middle East Forum:
The Middle East Forum, a think & action tank, deals with the Middle East, Islamism, Muslims in the West, U.S. foreign policy, and related topics, urging bold measures to protect Americans and their allies. Celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2019, the Forum recurrently has policy ideas adopted by the U.S. government.
MEF pursues its goals in three ways:
- Intellectual, by providing information, context, and policy advice through publications, media appearances, lectures, and private consultations.
- Operational, by getting things done in Washington, on campus, in courts of law, and beyond.
- Philanthropic, by distributing about $2 million annually in separately earmarked funds to about 75 groups and individuals working to promote our goals.