The Middle East Forum (MEF) seeks a full-time, resident Development Associate.
- Developing and implementing an annual solicitation campaign schedule.
- Sending out and maintaining records of approved solicitation letters and materials, thank you letters, and signed tax acknowledgement forms.
- Processing new and renewing memberships; coordinating the Forum's membership benefits program.
- Managing and tracking donor-relations calls made by MEF staff.
- Entering new and updated information in the donor-relations database.
- Periodic donor research on current, lapsed, and potential donors as requested.
- Utilizing the database to create Excel spreadsheets, perform mass mailings to solicit donations, and record and track those efforts.
- Fielding requests from donors and potential donors, routing them as appropriate to other staff members.
The Development Associate reports to the Director of Development.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Proficiency with database and customer relationship management software (preferably Salesforce and ACT!).
- Experience in development research.
- At least one year of successful office work experience, preferably with a database management or fundraising focus at a non-profit organization.
- Computer literacy and technological proficiency in standard word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Organized work habits and high motivation; ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and under frequent deadlines; careful attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Basic agreement with MEF's outlook. (On which, please see http://www.meforum.org.)
- The successful candidate will work in the Forum's office in Center City, Philadelphia.
- This is a full-time, salaried position.
- Non-profit competitive.
Prepare an application that includes:
- A cover letter indicating your interests, qualifications, and goals.
- A résumé or curriculum vitae.
- Names of three references.
When the application is completed:
- Bundle the entire application as a single document, preferably in Adobe Acrobat (Word is also acceptable).
- Title it with your name in reverse order, without spacing, as in "ChurchillWinston."
- Submit the application online by clicking here by January 29, 2016, at 5 p.m. EST.
About the Middle East Forum:
The Middle East Forum, founded in 1994 and headed by Daniel Pipes, is a research institute based in Philadelphia with an annual budget of $4 million; it promotes American interests in the Middle East and protects Western values from Middle Eastern threats. It accomplishes its mission in three ways:
- Intellectually, by providing information, context, and policy advice through its publications, websites, and lectures;
- Operationally, by exerting direct influence through its projects (such as Islamist Watch), each addressing a specific problem; and
- Philanthropically, by annually distributing $2 million of dedicated Education Fund monies.