The Middle East Forum (MEF) seeks an experienced, full-time Executive Assistant to support its President and Director.
This Executive Assistant works in fast-paced environment providing support in two one-on-one working relationships. This position serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the President and Director. The Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management and must be able to work under pressure to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with competence and discretion.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Maintain executives' appointment schedules.
- Keep the President and Director informed of forthcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up as needed.
- Write first drafts.
- Attend meetings to take notes and assign tasks; track progress of projects by coordinating with staff; follow up on results.
- Serve as the President and Director's liaison to the Forum's lay leadership.
- Work with the development team in coordinating outreach activities of the President and Director.
- Prepare travel expense and reimbursement reports.
- Follow up on new contacts and support ongoing relationships.
- Contribute to team effort by filling in for other staff, as needed.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned.
- Agreement with MEF's mission and outlook (for more, see here)
- Experience as an executive administrative assistant or in a comparable position
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures: MS Office, Slack, Asana, Salesforce
- Proficiency in English
- Communications skills, both verbal and written
- Planning and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Discretion and confidentiality
- The successful candidate will work in the Forum's office in Center City, Philadelphia.
- This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits.
- Non-profit competitive
- Group medical health, vision, and dental
- Group life, short term, and long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Commuter benefit plan
Prepare an application that includes:
- A cover letter indicating your qualifications, experience, interests, and goals
- A résumé or curriculum vitae
When the application is completed:
- Bundle the entire application as a single document, preferably in Adobe Acrobat (Word is also acceptable).
- Title it with "Application for EA position" and your name in reverse order, without spacing, as in "ChurchillWinston."
- Submit the application by 5 p.m. EDT on August 25, 2017, to Thelma Prosser, Prosser@MEForum.org