JOINT DECLARATION OF PRINCIPLES
The purpose of the Congressional Israel Victory Caucus and the Knesset Israel Victory Caucus is to explore a new paradigm to end the Israel-Palestinian conflict.
We, the undersigned members of the two caucuses, agree on a set of principles to guide our unprecedented inter-parliamentary relationship.
In particular, we agree that:
- The State of Israel is the national homeland of the Jewish People;
- The Palestinian-Israeli conflict is primarily ideological in nature, not territorial;
- The primary obstacle to ending the Palestinian-Israeli conflict is the near-century of Palestinian rejectionism of the right of self-determination for the Jewish People;
- History has demonstrated that territorial concessions to the Palestinians have not brought peace, rather increased terrorist attacks.
- Only Palestinian acknowledgment of the Jewish People's historic connection to the Land of Israel, and acceptance of Israel as a Jewish and democratic state, will end the conflict;
- Israel should be encouraged to use all diplomatic, economic and military tools to end the conflict, while respecting humanitarian norms to achieve that acceptance;
- A strong U.S.–Israel relationship, based on common interests and shared values, is indispensable to an Israeli victory and we will work together to further strengthen this relationship.
Therefore, be it declared that, we, the undersigned Members of Congress and Knesset agree to collaborate on this basis.
Representative Bill Johnson
Member of Knesset Oded Forer
Representative Ron DeSantis
Member of Knesset Dr. Avraham Neguise