Job Announcement: Outreach Manager
January 15, 2016
The Middle East Forum (MEF) seeks a full-time, resident Outreach Manager.
Reporting to and working under the supervision of the Director of Development, the Outreach Manager will coordinate and implement various aspects of MEF's development activities as a member of the development team.
- Oversee all aspects of the Forum's lecture series in New York, Philadelphia, and occasionally other cities.
- Oversee all aspects of fundraising events.
- Coordinate fundraising calls and meetings by the Director and President as well as follow-up efforts.
- Develop (with others) written materials for outreach efforts.
- Oversee efforts to solicit donors of under $500.
- Coordinate outreach efforts to cultivate and solicit lapsed and prospective donors.
- Ensure personalized and timely communications with donors and prospects.
- Salaried experience in an events, marketing, or fundraising position.
- Proficiency with database and customer relationship management software (preferably Salesforce and ACT!).
- Knowledge of development research.
- Computer literacy and technological proficiency in standard applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Organized work habits, high motivation, careful attention to detail, and ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with frequent deadlines.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Basic agreement with MEF's outlook. (On which, please see http://www.meforum.org.)
- The successful candidate will work in the Forum's office in Center City, Philadelphia.
- This is a full-time, salaried position.
Prepare an application that includes:
- A cover letter indicating your interests, qualifications, and goals.
- A résumé or curriculum vitae.
- Names of three references.
When the application is completed:
- Bundle the entire application as a single document, preferably in Adobe Acrobat (Word is also acceptable).
- Title it with your name in reverse order, without spacing, as in "ChurchillWinston."
- Submit the application online by clicking here by February 19, 2016, at 5 p.m. EST.
About the Middle East Forum:
The Middle East Forum, founded in 1994 and headed by Daniel Pipes, is a research institute based in Philadelphia with an annual budget of $4 million; it promotes American interests in the Middle East and protects Western values from Middle Eastern threats. It accomplishes its mission in three ways:
- Intellectually, by providing information, context, and policy advice through its publications, websites, and lectures;
- Operationally, by exerting direct influence through its projects (such as Islamist Watch), each addressing a specific problem; and
- Philanthropically, by annually distributing $2 million of dedicated Education Fund monies.
receive the latest by email: subscribe to the free mef mailing list